Signature Programs - June 7-16, 2013
Signature Programs provide our community with opportunities to attend events that our program collaborators have developed specifically for Seattle Science Festival. Signature Programs can include behind-the-scenes tours, science adventures, field trip opportunities for classrooms, workshops, screenings of science-themed films, and many, many other events, held at venues all over the Puget Sound region.
To see the growing list of the Signature Programs being scheduled for the 2013 Seattle Science Festival, check out our calendar of events!
Call for Signature Program Applications
While the deadline to apply to host a Signature Program in time to be featured in the printed program for Seattle Science Festival has passed, we're still accepting applications for programs. Programs submitted now will still be featured on the Seattle Science Festival website an in our mobile app.
We recognize that each program collaborator brings a unique perspective to the Seattle Science Festival, and we invite you to submit a proposal to host an event. Programs may include lectures, performances, activities for families, exhibits, tours, debates, workshops, or creative new ideas we’ve never imagined!
We are looking for ideas that will engage people of all ages in a region-wide celebration of scientific wonders, resources, and opportunities by exploring the role of science, engineering, technology and math in Puget Sound and beyond.
There is no fee for offering a Signature Program for Seattle Science Festival, although there is an application process. Signature Program events are selected through a curated process to ensure quality and appropriateness. Filters and criteria for selection include:
• Science-based: Clearly grounded in the scientific habits of mind (problem solving, reasoning, communication, and making connections.)
• Doable: Deliverable at a high quality within the constraints of time and resources available.
• Accessible: Engaging, inclusive, understandable to the audience (manner of delivery, academic level of content, and geographic locale and logistics.)
• Relevant: Addressing important and timely issues of both today and the future, tied to career opportunities, and connected to our daily lives where possible.
• Appropriate: Seattle Science Festival is a family-friendly celebration and therefore all materials and activities must be appropriate for a family audience.
• Wow! Fun, exciting, cool, clever, experiential, hands‐on, and conveying the sense of awe and wonder that is at the heart of scientific discovery and achievement.
2013 Signature Program events will take place each day from Thursday, June 7 through Sunday, June 16.
Interested in becoming a sponsor of Seattle Science Festival? Learn More